Guidelines for the use of VHF/UHF Equipment
1. VHF/UHF transceivers should be used in the frequency band 30-900MHz.
2. Maximum permissible power for VHF/UHF radios is 10W for base station and 5W for handset.
3. License has to be renewed yearly by the end of February each year. Those failing to do so will be fined.
4. In the case when equipment is no longer used, CAM must be notified in writing for cancellation of the license.
Licence Application Procedure
1. Get license application form from CAM.
2. Complete application form and submit to CAM along with the equipment.
3. If equipment is approved, submit revenue stamp of Rf100/- and license fee of Rf100/-. Revenue stamp will be available at the Ministry of Finance & Treasury, the Post Office and some bookshops.
4. License will be issued within 3 working days at the latest.